- Dimitrios Ververidis
Programming and Development
a) From 2003 until 2008 he has worked on statistical methods using Matlab language for
a. speech processing,
b. emotion recognition from speech,
c. stress detection using galvanic skin response and heart beat rate,
d. supervised/unsupervised machine learning, and feature selection.
b) In 2009, he has worked on developing using Matlab a
a. statistical algorithm for detecting optimal ventilation assist for critically ill patients,
b. feature selection algorithm for selecting the best biomarkers for early detection of Alzheimer’s disease.
c) In 2010, he has been developing
a. A Matlab Graphic User Interface (GUI) for developing a speech processing toolbox,
b. Sound processing applications for Nokia phones (Symbian OS) using Python language.
d) In 2011, he has been developing
a. Signal processing applications for Android OS using Dalvik Java,
e) In 2012, he has been researching and developing
a. Android applications for reporting city maintenance issues,
b. How Augmented Reality in Android devices can be used for e-government,
a. How Joomla web Content management system can be exploited as a back-end infrastructure for mobile Augmented Reality Applications,
b. How Joomla can be interconnected with commercial Augmented Reality software through APIs to provide in commercial Android and iOS AR browsers 3D content.
g) In 2015,
a. More developments on Android for reporting city maintenance issues, updates to the latest Android versions,
b. Research on how Kinect skeleton data can be used for dance style detection. Development of an annotation tool using Python and Tcl/Tk as GUI for annotating video-skeleton data.
h) In 2016,
a. Research and development about how cultural places can be transformed to VR tours. Development of a back-end website that is based on Three.js WebGL framework, WordPress CMS and Unity3D for making VR games, working using PhpStorm,
b. Research on Myo EMG device and how it can be used to capture pottery art movements. Development of a web-page that can process live Myo signals and transform them to muscle activities. Bone movements 3D and physics simulation in Chrome browser using WebGL through Three.js framework and Myo websocket interface,
c. More developments on reporting city maintenance issues from Android devices,
i) In 2017,
a. Analysis of Unity3D game project format and development of a remote web editor through WordPress and Three.js interfaces,
b. More on Myo and muscles simulations ….
Repositories of code
Thursday, February 9, 2017
Tuesday, December 20, 2016
Thursday, July 7, 2016
Monday, July 4, 2016
- Drag'n'drop and real-time update of video frame are supported.
- Two level labeling
- JPG and PNG video frames
- Wheel for zooming
- Keyboard shortcuts
Friday, October 10, 2014
FastAR: An Augmented Reality component for Joomla/Sobipro supporting Junaio, Layar, and Wikitude AR browsers
FastAR has been qualified for the EU Innovation Radar Prize 2016. Passed to the B' phase with 1100 votes and it was presented to a board of venture capitalists in Proposer's day 2016 in Bratislava. Unfortunately did not qualified for the next round but it attracted the attention of a great audience.
Saturday, September 7, 2013
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Friday, July 29, 2011
- Sound Amplification for Hearing impaired or Electrical Guitar
- Guitar tuning
- Spectrum view up to 22 kHz
Friday, July 22, 2011
Saturday, January 1, 2011
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Friday, January 1, 2010
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Friday, January 2, 2009
2. Vassiliki Moschou, Dimitrios Ververidis, Constantine Kotropoulos, "Assessment of self organizing map variants for clustering with application to redistribution of emotional speech patterns," Elsevier Neurocomputing, vol. 71, issues 1-3, pp. 147-156, 2007. [pdf]
3. Dimitrios Ververidis and Constantine Kotropoulos, "Gaussian mixture modeling by exploiting the Mahalanobis distance," IEEE Trans. Signal Processing, vol. 56, issue 7B, pp. 2797-2811, 2008. [pdf]
4. Dimitrios Ververidis and Constantine Kotropoulos, "Fast and accurate feature subset selection applied into speech emotion recognition," Elsevier Signal Processing, vol. 88, issue 12, pp. 2956-2970, 2008. [pdf]
5. M. Kotti, D. Ververidis, G. Evangelopoulos, I. Panagakis, C. Kotropoulos, P. Maragos, and I. Pitas, "Audio-assisted movie dialogue detection," IEEE Trans. Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, vol. 18, issue 11, pp. 1618-1627, 2008. [pdf]
6. Dimitrios Ververidis and Constantine Kotropoulos, "Information loss of the Mahalanobis distance in high dimensions: Application to feature selection," IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 31, no. 12, pp. 2275-2281, 2009. [pdf]
7. Dimitrios Ververidis, Mark Van Gils, Christina Passath, Jukka Takala and Lukas Brander, "Identification of adequate neurally adjusted ventilatory assist (NAVA) during systematic increases in the NAVA level," IEEE Trans. Biomedical Engineering, vol. 58, no. 9, pp. 2598-2606, Sept. 2011. [pdf]
8. Dimitrios Ververidis, Daniel Schneider, and Joachim Koehler, "The vocal tract LaTeX package," PracTeX journal, no 1, 2012 [pdf]. Package available at CTAN.
Thursday, January 1, 2009
2. D. Ververidis and C. Kotropoulos, "A State of the Art Review on Emotional Speech Databases," in Proc. 1st Richmedia Conference, pp. 109-119, Laussane, Oktober 2003. [pdf]
3. D. Ververidis, C. Kotropoulos and I. Pitas, "Automatic Emotional Speech Classification," in Proc. Int. Conf. Acoustics Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), vol. 1, pp. 593-596, Montreal, Canada, 2004. [pdf]
4. D. Ververidis and C. Kotropoulos, "Automatic Speech Classification to Five Emotional States Based on Gender Information," in Proc. European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO), pp. 341–344, Austria, 2004. [pdf]
5. D. Ververidis and C. Kotropoulos, "Emotional speech classification using Gaussian mixture models," in Proc. IEEE Inter. Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), Japan, 2005. [pdf]
6. D. Ververidis and C. Kotropoulos, "Emotional speech classification using Gaussian mixture models and the Sequential Floating Forward Selection algorithm," in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Multimedia & Expo. (ICME), Amsterdam, 2005. [pdf]
7. D. Ververidis and C. Kotropoulos, "Sequential forward feature selection with low computational cost," in Proc. European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO), Antalya, Turkey, 2005. [pdf]
8. D. Ververidis and C. Kotropoulos, "Fast Sequential Floating Forward Selection applied to emotional speech features estimated on DES and SUSAS data collections," in Proc. European Signal Processing Conf. (EUSIPCO), Italy, 2006. [pdf]
9. M. Haindl, P. Somol, D. Ververidis, and C. Kotropoulos, "Feature Selection Based on Mutual Correlation," in Proc. 11th Iberoamerican Congress on Pattern Recognition (CIAPR), Mexico, 2006. [pdf]
10. V. Moschou, D. Ververidis and C. Kotropoulos, "On the variants of the self-organizing map that are based on order statistics," in Proc. Inter. Conf. Artificial Neural Networks (ICANN), Athens, Sep. 2006. [pdf]
11. M. Sedaaghi, D. Ververidis and C. Kotropoulos, "Improving speech emotion recognition using adaptive genetic algorithms," in Proc. European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO), Polland, 2007. [pdf]
12. D. Ververidis and C. Kotropoulos, "Accurate estimate of the cross-validated prediction error variance in Bayes classifiers," in Proc. Machine Learning for Signal Processing (MLSP), Thessaloniki, 2007. [pdf]
13. M. Sedaaghi, C. Kotropoulos, and D. Ververidis, "Using adaptive genetic algorithms to improve speech emotion recognition," in Proc. IEEE Workshop Multimedia Signal Processing (MMSP), Crete, 2007. [pdf]
14. D. Ververidis, I. Kotsia, C. Kotropoulos, and Ioannis Pitas, "Multi-modal emotion-related data collection within a virtual earthquake emulator," in Proc. Inter. Conf. Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), Morocco, 2008. [pdf]
15. D. Ververidis, M. Van Gils, J. Koikkalainen, and J. Lotjonen, "Feature selection and time regression software: Application on predicting Alzheimer's disease progress," in Proc. European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO), Aalborg, 2010. [pdf]
16. J. Mattila, H. Soininen, D. Ververidis, M. van Gils, J. Lotjonen, G. Waldemar, A. H. Simonsen, D. Rueckert, L. Thurfjell, and J. Koikkalainen, "Clinical decision support system based on statistical analysis of heterogeneous clinical data and Alzheimer biomarkers," in Proc. Intern. Conf. Alzheimer's Disease (ICAD), Hawaii, 2010.
17. I. Tsampoulatidis, D. Ververidis, P. Tsarchopoulos, S. Nikolopoulos, I. Kompatsiaris, N. Komninos, "ImproveMyCity – An open source platform for direct citizen-government communication," in Proc. ACM Intern. Conf. Multimedia, 2013. [pdf]
18. D. Ververidis, S. Nikolopoulos, and I. Kompatsiaris, "Transforming your website to an Augmented Reality view," in Proc. IEEE Intern. Symp. on Mixed and Augmented Reality (ISMAR), Fukuoka, 2015. [pdf]
19. S. Karavarsamis, D. Ververidis, G. Chantas, S. Nikolopoulos and Y. Kompatsiaris, "Classification of Salsa Dance Steps from Skeletal Poses," in Proc. Intern. WS on Content Based Multimedia Indexing (CBMI), Bucharest, 2016.
20. D. Ververidis, S. Karavarsamis, S. Nikolopoulos, and I. Kompatsiaris, "Pottery gestures style comparison by exploiting Myo sensor and forearm anatomy," in Proc. ACM International Symposium on Movement and Computing (MOCO), Thessaloniki, 2016.